Healthy Bites: Any Night Pulled Chicken
Rate this Recipe
Pulled Chicken over rice and beans, in a burrito or on a sandwich is perfect superbowl food or dinner any night of the week. The bonus? This is so simple and so versatile. You have to try it!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a baking dish combine the chicken with all the ingredients. Mix together to evenly coat.
- Bake, covered for 20-30 minutes or until mostly cooked through.
- Remove chicken and “pull” or shred using two forks.
- Boil the sauce, skimming occasionally, until reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- top with tomatillo salsa
- over rice and beans with guacamole
- in taco shells with avocado
- on a sandwich with cheese and avocado
What would you serve with this pulled chicken recipe?
Katie Cavuto MS RD